Sunday, October 12, 2008

Debates

The debates are very influential on a voter's decision of president. But, however, I believe that people that have strong political beliefs are bound and determined not to be swayed. Just recently I was riding with a friend to a football game a she brought up the vice presidential debate; her father quickly mentioned how wonderful he believed Sarah Palin had done. We had earlier in the morning gotten started on this topic and I mentioned to her the fact that Mrs. Palin didn't answer all of the questions appointed to her. She now brought this comment up with her father saying that, "I agree... It's just.... she never answered all of the questions." her father, shocked by what his daughter had just said, quickly retorted, " Yeah well... Biden didn't do so hot either and everybody does that, its whats supposed to happen."

What I'm really trying to say here with this anecdote is that young minds are easier to mold, and are open to more opinions. When the young are provided with facts and opinions from all sides, they are more likely to make their own decisions rather than those of the people that most influence them, they are not stuck in one mind set. Even I personally have switched my opinions because of the facts provided to me.

No comments: